Is the Prophet Muhammad a direct descendant of the Prophet Abraham and the Prophet Ishmael ? Is this what the Holy Quran says also is the Prophet Muhammad a fullfilment of the prayer of Abraham ?

May peace and blessings be on all the Messengers of God. Prophet Muhammad is a direct descendant of Isma'il, the first son of Prophet Ibrahim(Abraham). Prophet Muhammad was born in Makkah as a fullfilment of the prayer of Abraham as explained in the following verses of the Holy Quran, a book of revelations from God to the Prophet.

002.124 And remember that Abraham was tried by his Lord with certain commands,
which he fulfilled: He said: "I will make thee an Imam to the Nations." He pleaded:
"And also (Imams) from my offspring!" He answered: "But My Promise is not within
the reach of evil-doers."

002.125 Remember We made the House a place of assembly for men and a place of
safety; and take ye the station of Abraham as a place of prayer; and We covenanted
with Abraham and Isma'il, that they should sanctify My House for those who
compass it round, or use it as a retreat, or bow, or prostrate themselves (therein in
prayer).

002.126 And remember Abraham said: "My Lord, make this a City of Peace, and
feed its people with fruits,-such of them as believe in God and the Last Day." He said:
"(Yea), and such as reject Faith,-for a while will I grant them their pleasure, but will
soon drive them to the torment of Fire,- an evil destination (indeed)!"

002.127 And remember Abraham and Isma'il raised the foundations of the House
(With this prayer): "Our Lord! Accept (this service) from us: For Thou art the All-
Hearing, the All-knowing.

002.128 "Our Lord! make of us Muslims, bowing to Thy (Will), and of our progeny a
people Muslim, bowing to Thy (will); and show us our place for the celebration of
(due) rites; and turn unto us (in Mercy); for Thou art the Oft-Returning, Most
Merciful.

002.129 "Our Lord! send amongst them an Apostle of their own, who shall rehearse
Thy Signs to them and instruct them in ******ure and wisdom, and sanctify them: For
Thou art the Exalted in Might, the Wise."

002.130 And who turns away from the religion of Abraham but such as de**** their
souls with folly? Him We chose and rendered pure in this world: And he will be in
the Hereafter in the ranks of the Righteous.

002.131 Behold! his Lord said to him: "Bow (thy will to Me):" He said: "I bow (my
will) to the Lord and Cherisher of the Universe."

by Ishaq Zahid for www.muhammad.net

http://www.jews-for-allah.org/Muhamm...of-Abraham.htm